Neal Hocking BA (Hons), CELTA, DELTA
My name is Neal Hocking and I was born in Torquay, Devon, UK (native English). Languages are my passion and my entire working life has centred around the English language and knowing it inside out! I also speak German to a high level, and also have experience with Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Bulgarian and Italian. I have dedicated a great deal of time to developing a range of experience and qualifications to suit a range of needs.
As a teacher I have taught every possible age and level – I have taught children aged as young as two (yes, two!) and I have taught business leaders all over the world. In addition, I have taught a great number of students studying for official English exams, who received highly positive results in IELTS and Cambridge English exams as a result of my courses.
As an editor I have attended a course in proofreading and copy-editing, which built on my language skills and equipped me with the industry-required knowledge for both publishers and non-publishers. My eye for detail is second to none, and my broad knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, style and register guarantees quality.
With me you will receive a professionalism and dedication that stems from a passion to the written word. You can expect the close expert attention you would expect from an editor.
- BA (Hons) German and Lingustics from University of Southampton, UK
- University of Cambridge Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA)
- University of Cambridge English Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Delta) – Comprising Module One (Pass with Merit), Module Two (Pass) and Module 3 (Pass with Merit)
- Rated ‘expert’ on the Cambridge English Teaching Framework
- Attended a course in proofreading and copy-editing with Chapterhouse Publishing
Teaching English has taken me all over the world. Since 2010, I have worked for language schools and academies in the UK, Portugal, Spain, Russia, Bulgaria, Vietnam and Italy. I have also spent a year in Germany studying Linguistics at the Universität Potsdam.
In this time, I have corrected and edited a vast quantity of papers written by non-native speakers, and am now establishing myself in the UK to cater for a wider range of written needs.